January 2018 Newsletter
Member of the Month, Next GMM Meeting, Sunshine & Good Vibes
Next General Member Meeting
6:30pm on Monday, January 15th
at the Ludington & Scottville Area Chamber Office
General Member Meeting January 2018 Agenda Ludington Jaycee Calendar PDF Ludington Area Jaycees’ Facebook Page Ludington Area Jaycees’ Website
Member of the Month: Eric Lund
Eric Lund received a double-arm transplant at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore this past November. His recovery is expected to take a couple of years. He should be able to start working on stretching his elbows this week. His next milestone is in three weeks when he can start exercising and will not have to wear braces and slings all the time.
Eric said the surgery went easier than expected, except the week immediately following surgery. He had to spend it in a hot room ranging from 85-95 degrees. Coming from Michigan in November, 95 degrees was uncomfortable.
Like anywhere on the east coast, Baltimore has been very cold. Normal temperatures for this time are usually in the 40s. Eric is enjoying the food outside of the hospital. He used to live in the neighboring county in the 90’s and is familiar with the area.
The things Eric misses the most about Ludington are the people and sleeping in his own bed. He should be home sometime this spring and is excited to get back to our community and see everyone.
Eric with Dr Lee, head of the transplant team, and the transplant nurse case manager. Eric’s hand therapist, “Princess.” January Birthdays
Erica Karmiesool – 5th
Kaila Van Loon – 19th
Jessica Houser – 27th
Jared Lauber – 27th
Kelly Savich – 30th
What are the Jaycees?
The Ludington Area Jaycees have been developing young leaders in Mason County area since 1947. The club gives young adults the tools they need to build the bridges of success for themselves in the areas of business development, management skills, individual training, community service, and international connections.
The Ludington Area Jaycees are part of the Michigan Jaycees, the United States Junior Chamber, and Junior Chamber International. These organizations support the local chapters around the globe, and provide training opportunities and tools to develop our members.
How to joinIf you are 21-40 years old and are interested in joining the Ludington Area Jaycees, contact Eric Lund (email@example.com).Benefits of membership:
- PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS
- NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES THAT BENEFIT THE LUDINGTON COMMUNITY
- AFTERGLOW PARTY: 4th of July Party at the Mini Golf Patio for you and your immediate family, and guests (for a small fee). Party includes: free parking in our lot at Stearns Park, food, beverages (alcoholic & non), entertainment, and a front row seat to the best fireworks display in West Michigan
- BUSINESS AFTER HOURS: paid entrance to the Chamber of Commerce’s monthly Business After Hours (if you wear your Jaycees name badge)
- MIJC CONFERENCE: paid registration to Michigan Jaycees Conferences (if you attend 1 training and 1 social during the conference)
- UNLIMITED FREE MINI GOLF for members and their immediate family at the club-owned course at Stearns Park
- WYNDHAM HOTELS: 20% discount on the best available rates at all Wyndham Hotels worldwide, including Ramada, Wingate, Knights Inn, Howard Johnson, Super 8, Baymont Inn, Travelodge, Hawthorne Suites, and Days Inn.
- MOTEL 6: 5% discount to all Motel 6 properties nationwide.
- AVIS CAR RENTALS: 10% member’s discount.
- BUDGET CAR RENTALS: 5%-25% member’s discount.
- LIBERTY MUTUAL AUTO & HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE: special group discount on auto, home, and renter’s insurance through Group Savings Plus® from Liberty Mutual.
- OFFICE DEPOT: up to 80% off preferred Products, 3,000 of the most commonly used products at 15% off retail web pricing.
- Monday, January 15th – General Membership Meeting, 6:30pm @ Chamber of Commerce
- Wednesday, January 24th – Business After Hours, 5pm – 7pm @ Jamesport
- Saturday, January 27th – Year End Banquet, 6:30pm @ Blu Moon
Email newsletter submissions and Jaycee of the Month suggestions to Katie Provenzano at firstname.lastname@example.org. Copyright © *|CURRENT_YEAR|* *|LIST:COMPANY|*, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Member of the Month, Next GMM Meeting,
The Ludington Area Jaycees have created a new event to benefit their 2018 Freedom Festival Fireworks Fund called the Light Up
Freedom Festival t-shirts from 2017 and years past are now available at discounted rates at the Jaycees Mini Golf
View All News Stories